Tags: | Posted by Admin on 3/24/2008 12:53 PM | Comments (2)
For all their virtues Google is known to be very protective of many of their secrets. The Google interview process, with test questions that can include riddles and rhymes, is almost legendarily unique among job interviews. Thanks to several blog posts from people turned down by Google we have a bit more insight into the process: Co... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 3/24/2008 10:31 AM | Comments (3)
Corey Trager was interviewed by Google and rejected, and wrote an interesting piece on the process he went through as a result. From Corey’s post on one of the guys who interviewed him: This second guy was definitely an alpha. He made intense direct eye contact with me, unsmiling. He seemed irritated. He didn’t shake any banana b... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 3/22/2008 5:06 PM | Comments (0)
It started when I received an email from a Google recruiter asking whether I would be interested.  Sure, I was!  Even though I was fairly content and well paid at my current job, I figured that if nothing happened beyond the interview process it would be an interesting adventure, like a voyage and maybe an extended stay in a foreign ... [More]
Tags: , , | Posted by Admin on 3/15/2008 5:16 AM | Comments (0)
Last month I was invited by Microsoft to an interview in their largest european development center in Dublin. It was exciting trip and real challenge to see the Microsoft development live. I was excited of their professionalism in all directions: Professional organization - phone interviews, invitation, flight, accomodation, etc. Near... [More]
Tags: , , | Posted by Admin on 3/12/2008 2:25 PM | Comments (0)
I've been meaning to write up some tips on interviewing at Google for a good long time now. I keep putting it off, though, because it's going to make you mad. Probably. For some statistical definition of "you", it's very likely to upset you. Why? Because... well, here, I wrote a little ditty about it: Hey man, I do... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 3/12/2008 3:21 AM | Comments (2)
I had my first Phone Interview for Internship with Google yesterday. I was shortlisted for the Interview by Google, based on my CV and aggregate percentage. I was pleasantly surprised 4 days back when I received a call from Google Bangalore Office informing me of the Interview. So I started preparing for the Technical Phone Interview by revising ... [More]
Tags: , | Posted by Admin on 3/7/2008 4:35 PM | Comments (4)
Late in December 2007, I received an email from a recruiter at Google interested in discussing some software engineering positions at the company. Despite being fairly happily employed, I decided to follow up because, well, it’s Google! I forwarded an updated resume and scheduled a phone interview for a few days later in which the recruit... [More]