Tags: , | Posted by Admin on 12/31/2008 9:45 AM | Comments (0)
A couple years ago, there were some HR trolls or maybe some some resume bots that figured out that I went to MIT and that I was a software engineer from my blog (yes, this one). A recruiter from Google emailed me asking me whether I'd be interested in a position at Google. Um yes, isn't that every software developer's dream? That in... [More]
Tags: , , | Posted by Admin on 12/27/2008 10:32 AM | Comments (0)
Dec 1st, 4:00 pm. I had a paper that morning, on 'Object Oriented Modeling'. Didn't sleep last night preparing for the paper. So, my condition wasn't its best for the interview. They called at ten past four in the evening. The interviewer wanted to start off with the interview (coding questions) right away. So did I. He asked... [More]
Tags: , , | Posted by Admin on 12/27/2008 10:31 AM | Comments (0)
Nov 12th, 5:00 pm. This one was interesting. Not the interview itself, but some of the events related to it. I had put up a status message on my orkut profile - "Nov 12th - Big Day.." Since i thought this interview was final phone screen and would decide on my onsite chances, i considered it big. A friend of mine, thought all the whi... [More]
Tags: , , | Posted by Admin on 12/27/2008 10:29 AM | Comments (0)
Nov 3rd, 5:00 pm. I was a little nervous. As for pre-interview preps, i took all my important papers (projects, semester mark sheets, etc) and placed them on my table. I had also some of my codes opened on my laptop screen for quick reference, if needed. Though, none of such preps ever was of any use. Finally the phone rang. It was a female in... [More]
Tags: , | Posted by Admin on 12/27/2008 10:27 AM | Comments (0)
I had a recent opportunity to do an interview with Google India! While preparing for the interview, the one thing that i would constantly look for, on the internet, was blogs on Google Interview Experiences so that i could learn about the pattern of the interview and the questions. Well, now that i have an experience of my own, i suppose its m... [More]
Tags: , | Posted by Admin on 12/26/2008 10:04 AM | Comments (0)
Was surfing through some blogs , and found this one interesting. Some of the questions asked by Google Inc. in their interview : 1. How many golf balls can fit in a school bus? 2. You are shrunk to the height of a nickel and your mass is proportionally reduced so as to maintain your original density. You are then thrown into an empty... [More]
Tags: , | Posted by Admin on 12/21/2008 2:27 AM | Comments (0)
This was originally posted in mathNEWS, a publication put out by students at the University of Waterloo. Pretty interesting stuff, good to read up on if you are going for a high end Google-type job. Please describe a data structure that accomplishes the functions INSERT and FIND-MEDIAN in the best possible asymptotic time. Given a circula... [More]
Posted by admin on 12/21/2008 2:12 AM | Comments (0)
This video gives an outline of Google’s interview process. Its been created combining experiences of many people who attended Google job interview. Expect more rounds & not less than what was shown in this video.
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 12/12/2008 9:16 AM | Comments (0)
Peteris Krumins is nothing short of a technical genius. Every single one of his blog posts is so detailed, one can write a book about it. He blogs about Linux, programming, and other tech stuff on his blog http://www.catonmat.net/. A short while ago, Peteris posted his very thorough experience interviewing at Google. Needless to say, the leve... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 12/11/2008 9:44 AM | Comments (0)
First we get into the requirements which basically state a class on algorithms CS610 and 3 out of the 4 classes (CS 631, CS656, CS650, CS630). I will take all 5 classes because I think there is value to all 4 of the classes that I have to pick 3 out of 4. And below are my reasons for all the requirements CS610 - Algorithm Design: A vitally... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 12/4/2008 5:23 AM | Comments (0)
There are many stories about job interviews at Google. But the most interesting part of any story is the list of questions: Zach had a phone interview in October 2005 and he was asked things like: "Google gets queries from around the world. Write a function that will return a two character string representing a country code given an IP a... [More]
Tags: , | Posted by Admin on 12/1/2008 10:41 AM | Comments (0)
I'm considering applying for the AdWords Account Associate position for Google, Singapore. I actually saw this position posted a while back (possible >2mth) as a friend (not a Googler) had recommended me to apply. Things at my current job were in overdrive at the time so I didn't apply. I'm pleased they're still hiring, but then ... [More]