Tags: | Posted by Admin on 10/31/2008 9:18 AM | Comments (2)
A year ago, I interviewed with Google. Google has been my ideal employer for a while, and I greatly appreciated the opportunity and enjoyed the experience. Unfortunately, my algorithm skills were not quite up to par. I was told to work on them and interview again in a year. Based on my own analysis of how well I did with the questions, I wa... [More]
Tags: , , | Posted by Admin on 10/30/2008 9:53 AM | Comments (0)
Q: What should I expect from a phone interview with Google? I have a phone interview which I never done this kind of interview by phone. What should I expect? Learn? Prepare? Any tip may help. A: First of all, congratulations on having the opportunity to work at a top company... You must have very attractive credentials on p... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 10/29/2008 9:51 AM | Comments (0)
I had a phone interview with Google this morning. Overall it was a pleasant and slightly fun experience. I do not think I botched it up too badly, but I definitely do not think I had a slam dunk either. Here are the questions the Google engineer asked me in the interview: Describe pluggable abstract domains to me. This one related directly... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 10/28/2008 9:46 AM | Comments (10)
The following puzzle was given to me by a friend who claimed it was given in a Google interview. If you can confirm or debunk this claim just post a comment - until then I am sure the headline will generate some traffic . The original question as it was given to me was: Given an array with 2n+1 integer elements, n elements appear twice in... [More]
Tags: , , | Posted by Admin on 10/27/2008 8:59 AM | Comments (0)
I sat in the waiting room with one other applicant. He was older than me by about ten years. Judging by our clothes, it was clear that we were taking different approaches to this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. He dressed professionally. Black suit, white shirt, striped tie. His dress shoes were polished, and their shine matched well with ... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 10/26/2008 8:55 AM | Comments (0)
Stephen Wynkoop posted an interesting question regarding social networks last week on sswug.org.  Basically he is curious if people are using social networking sites to help make hiring decisions.  Here is what he had to say ... I had an interesting question posed today.  The gist of it was that someone was inte... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 10/25/2008 8:52 AM | Comments (1)
“We don't just want you to have a great job. We want you to have a great life. We provide you with everything you need to be productive and happy on and off the clock.” Larry Page, Google Co-founder Stanford University Hiring process Job search The process begins with searching for a job opening that interests you... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 10/19/2008 10:28 AM | Comments (6)
So the economy is really bad and your job might be on the line, Google is always looking for new talent. Here are 2 questions that they asked a friend of mine. What would you answer? 1. You have been shrunk down to the size of a nickel and tossed into a blender. You are told that the blender blades will start in 60 seconds.What would you do ... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 10/17/2008 8:39 AM | Comments (0)
Interesting digg on Google's messed up hiring process. Can't help but sympathize with some of those guys, especially after hearing the tale of a friend (from school): This guy goes through the the usual process (for a developer's position) - lotsa prepping, anxiety, sweating, mental stress, and tons & tons of tricky questions th... [More]
Tags: , | Posted by Admin on 10/11/2008 9:50 AM | Comments (10)
First, let's make it clear: I never worked at Google, but the following post is the result of my extensive research of google's interview process. This is my version of their interviewer guide, and I can't promise that it is totally accurate. Google's interview process is build around the idea that the candidate must never know or... [More]
Tags: , | Posted by Admin on 10/10/2008 2:16 PM | Comments (0)
Google meeting informal, meeting gondola, meeting room pictures…   Google pictures: Relax room, restaurent, microkitchen, gym and others… Google rest room ... [More]