Tags: , | Posted by Admin on 9/11/2008 9:16 AM | Comments (7)
I have realized that I have a perfect recipe to passing a Google interview. It's not easy, but if you do it, you have 95% or more chance of success. The good thing is that the result is portable - you will be equally employable by Microsoft, as well as most other good software companies. Here it is. Read and do all exercises in the fo... [More]
Tags: , , | Posted by Admin on 9/11/2008 3:15 AM | Comments (0)
Among many IT professionals, working at Google is seen as a dream job. And no wonder. The burgeoning company is a driving force in Internet development. Its Web-based word processing app, Writely, sends a shiver of nervousness through Microsoft. Its Adsense program is changing e-commerce. And its acquisition of YouTube earned grudging admir... [More]
Tags: , , | Posted by Admin on 9/11/2008 3:11 AM | Comments (0)
Free cafeteria food, annual ski trips to the Sierras and free laundry are just some of the fringe benefits of working at Google. Getting hired is the trick. Every month, aspiring workers deluge the popular Mountain View, Calif., search engine with up to 150,000 resumes -- equivalent to a stack of paper at least 50 feet high. And the compan... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 9/9/2008 1:59 PM | Comments (0)
It's not that unusual for non-disclosure agreements to include a provision that the agreement itself is not to be disclosed. But one expects more of Google, an internet giant which at least preaches virtue. Visitors to the search engine company's Mountain View campus are automatically given a non-disclosure agreement upon arrival. The N... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 9/9/2008 1:56 PM | Comments (0)
Tomorrow I am going to interview over at Google. Before I do so, I need to sign an NDA which states, among other things, that I'm not allowed to tell anyone I'm interviewing over there, or indeed, to mention the name of Google at all. So I'm going to do all that now and get it out of my system, so I'm not tempted to violate the ... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 9/9/2008 1:24 PM | Comments (0)
The New York Times reports that Google engineers try to improve finding good job candidates by assigning an automated quality score to applications. Maybe that’s not a bad idea if you receive over 100,000 job applications every single month; the NYT reports that the past hiring process often took months to consider candidates, and judging g... [More]
Posted by Admin on 9/9/2008 1:22 PM | Comments (0)
Hi, Here are ten things you can brush up on that *might* help Sort Algorithms The big O (efficiency) When in doubt use hash tables A queue (FILO) and a stack (FIFO) can be made from each other. Refactoring Strategy Pattern Strong and weak references Lazy loading Collections Boiler plate code
Tags: , | Posted by Admin on 9/8/2008 1:09 PM | Comments (0)
Before the interview Your objectives To obtain information about the company/position to see if you would like to continue with the interview process To successfully answer the interview questions and prove that you are worthy of a face-to-face interview To appropriately “close” the interview (express your interest and... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 9/2/2008 11:41 PM | Comments (0)
Watch the video on YouTube
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 9/2/2008 11:34 PM | Comments (0)
Attention, job hunters. Google is hiring. In fact, it’s having a problem finding enough people with the right talent and skills to fill all its openings.  So what’s the best way to get your foot in the door? When you visit Google’s career page, you’re greeted with the question: “Can one conversation chang... [More]
Tags: , | Posted by Admin on 9/2/2008 11:31 PM | Comments (0)
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — Have you ever made a profit from a catering business or dog walking? Do you prefer to work alone or in groups? Have you ever set a world record in anything? The right answers could help get you a job at Google. Google has always wanted to hire people with straight-A report cards and double 800s on their SA... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 9/2/2008 2:06 PM | Comments (6)
Sudoku Write an algorithm for Soduku puzzle Dictionary Lookup What method would you use to look up a name in a dictionary? Stack Growth How would you find out if a machine's stack grows up or down in memory? Random ... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 9/2/2008 2:01 PM | Comments (5)
I found an interesting set of answers to interview questions. I found the answers first, and sadly, I knew what the questions were. If you haven’t seen the questions before, consider yourself lucky. Very early in my career, I lost out on a job because of these two: 1. Why are manhole covers round? 2. There are three switc... [More]
Tags: | Posted by Admin on 9/2/2008 1:59 PM | Comments (0)
I recently noticed that a fellow Googler posted some thoughtful tips about interviewing at Google, and -- now that I'm a bit more comfortable blogging about Work -- I figured I'd contribute to the conversation a bit by offering my own, unofficial tips. Note the unofficial part. I work in Search Quality; aside from occasionally being ... [More]
Tags: , | Posted by Admin on 9/2/2008 1:53 PM | Comments (0)
Dream of landing a coding job at an A-list tech company? It might be a good idea to prep for your interviews by pondering how many golf balls can fit inside a school bus. Or how much you would charge for washing all the windows in Seattle. Or why, exactly, manhole covers are round and not, say, square. Seemingly random questions like the... [More]